Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It's 7:30pm and I want to go to bed.
I'm having one of those moments where the idea of creating great films and writing great scripts seems so overwhelming.
That's the world.
I'm overwhelmed.
I want to just sit and watch movies and not have to think about the screenwriting or camera angles or jump cuts.  I want to just watch, and turn my brain off for two hours.

I love being a communication arts major.  It really is the most fun a student could have, and I'm not complaining about my situation.
I'm just saying that to create a movie that doesn't suck is intimidating.
Especially when other com majors that I'm friends with make films that are so good.
I get caught between being really competitive and therefore motivated to make a film that's better than theirs, and getting really overwhelmed and thinking it's impossible.
Right now, it's overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment